and THANK YOU for visiting us here at our website.
Our congregation has been worshipping and ministering here in Chula Vista (South Bay San Diego Country) for over 50 years. The church began meeting for worship in 1956 in the Chula Vista Women’s Club, and moved to its present facility in 1963.
Our members come from near and far to hear the Word of God proclaimed, and to celebrate the redemption God has given through the death and resurrection of his Son, Jesus Christ.
It is our desire to serve both our local communities and the large military population that cycles through the San Diego area. We rejoice in our social and ethnic diversity, and in the fact that God is forming us into “one new person in Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 2:14). While we emphasize the importance of God’s working in our families, we also believe that God has made of us one “family of faith,” and, young and old, we work hard to serve one another as brothers and sisters and parents and children in the Lord.
As we see it, God has put us here for the purpose of glorifying our Creator and Redeemer through…
- Engaging in public worship on the Lord’s Day in accordance with God’s command (Hebrews 10:25). This worship is centered in the proclamation of God’s Word in Holy Scripture and the administration each week of the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, and of baptism as occasion warrants.
- Teaching believers “to observe all that God has commanded them” (Matthew 28:20) so that they mature into a robust biblical faith.
- Training one another in the skills of Christian living and service through instruction and mutual counseling as part of a disciplined fellowship (Colossians 1:28).
- Using the diverse Spiritual gifts God has given us in mutual service to one another “for the building up of the body in love” (Ephesians 4:12–16).
- Reaching out to our communities with the “good news” of what God will do for sinners who turn in faith to his Son, Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; John 3:16)
As God uses these means to bring to completion the good work he has begun in us (Philippians 1:6), we grow in our enjoyment of the presence and fellowship of God and of one another.
If you are looking for a vibrant, caring church family, we encourage you to explore this site further and learn more about us — and then come and pay us a visit as we gather before the throne of grace to worship and sing, “Worthy is the Lamb!”
— Pastor Roger Wagner